Are You Overwhelmed by Grief?
Anger? Guilt? Regret?
Fear of the Future?
Loss of Meaning in Your Life?
What If You Could Start Feeling Better Right Now?
Are you afraid you will feel this numb and disconnected forever?
Are you worried something is wrong with you because you can’t “just get over it”?
Are you longing to be seen and acknowledged exactly as you are without judgement, to be honored and accepted for where you are right now?
I, too, have experienced the loss of my loved ones, and I know the raw intensity of it. I am a mother who lost her only child in a tragic accident when he was only two years old. When my son died, I not only suppressed my grief, but with it, overwhelming guilt and shame. I buried all of it deep inside me for 34 years, rarely acknowledging it. Then my husband died, too, and my grief at losing him brought my earlier, buried grief to the surface. This time, I knew I had to seek help. First, I found it in a bereavement support group, where I learned about grief and that, if we want to heal, we have to allow ourselves to fully face and experience our grief and learn to move through it; not over, under or around it, but through it.
Then, I learned about Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and how to literally “tap” into the deep, dark places inside me where guilt, regret and shame lived in the shadows, to bring them into the light of my own awareness, acknowledge them, and release them.
This was not a magic bullet; I was not healed overnight. But as I tapped using EFT, I began to discover and release the unresolved, buried emotions I was still carrying from my old, often mistaken, beliefs. These were not just about the shock, emptiness, despair and other feelings associated with the deaths of my loved ones. Tapping helped me heal many other wounds, as well.
Now I can cherish the memories of both my husband and my child without the severe anguish and guilt I used to carry. Now when feelings of sorrow or other emotions surface, I can tap until I move from grief to love and gratitude.
This was such a powerful experience for me, it inspired me to become a certified EFT Practitioner. As an EFT coach, I am now able to reach out to you. If you are deeply grieving the loss of a child, or a spouse or another loved one, I can help you. We will work together in a safe, non-judgmental way to help you face what is possibly too hard to face on your own. Together we will use EFT to successfully process your negative emotions, moving through them into gratitude and love.
Do you believe that in order to remember your loved one who died, you have to keep feeling sad because it’s wrong to feel happy without him? Or that if you are still hurting, it means there’s something wrong with you? Or that the best way to deal with your grief is to be stoic, present a brave face to the world, and just get on with your life? These are the societal messages you may have received and believe, but there are far better ways to cope with your grief and find your way forward.
The truth is you have suffered a loss, an unchangeable fact, and healing from it is a process that at times feels like you’re going backward. Even so, it’s also true that you can relieve the intensity of your suffering even as you grieve, and you can do it without medication.
The Science of EFT
Numerous studies have shown that distressing emotions cause our bodies to produce higher levels of stress hormones, which in turn, intensify the distress we are experiencing. If we don’t interrupt it, this can keep us in a never-ending loop of misery.
Clinical trials have proven that EFT safely interrupts this stress cycle by alleviating the emotions that are causing it and by signaling our bodies to calm down and return to a state of balance. So, even though you cannot heal the loss itself, you can soothe and relieve your emotional distress as you move through the grieving process toward healing and your new life.
Here’s how EFT Can Help:
- Grief and mourning are not the same thing. Grief is how we feel on the inside when our loved one dies. Mourning is expressing our grief outwardly, and it is through mourning that we heal.
- EFT helps us mourn by gently connecting us with our painful inner feelings and emotions, even the ones we may not be fully aware of, and bringing them into our conscious awareness in a safe, healing way.
- This involves tapping with the fingertips on certain acupuncture points while talking about our painful feelings and memories.
- Tapping while talking sends soothing signals to our brains and changes our emotional response.
- Tapping in this way tells our brains to stop releasing the stress hormones that cause us to feel emotional pain and to start releasing healthful hormones that relax us and help us feel calm and at peace.
- When this happens, our memories are disengaged from the stressful, painful response. We are now able to remember our loved ones without the painful feelings.
- Tapping while crying has the same result. Contrary to the messages of our culture, tears of grief are not a sign of inadequacy and weakness. Tears are a physical way of mourning, and crying helps us heal.
EFT Coaching may not be for you if…
- You don’t want to face your pain; you think it will go away faster if you ignore it.
- You want to stay where you are now because moving forward is too hard and scary.
- You’re afraid to move forward in your life because it “might erase” your loved one.
EFT Coaching may be the right fit for you if…
- You want to be seen and accepted exactly as you are without judgment.
- You want to be acknowledged and validated for where you are and what you are feeling right now.
- You want to let go of the anguish and heartache of your loss, while still honoring your loved one.
- You want to move forward into a new life without “erasing” your loved one.
- You want to feel alive and have joy and happiness again.
- You want to reclaim yourself and find a new sense of purpose.
- You want compassionate, gentle support to help you find your way.
- You want a safe, effective method of accessing your own solutions from within yourself.
- You want non-judgmental guidance in clarifying a vision, goals and actions you want to achieve in a new life that resonates with your true needs, core values and innate talents.
Invitation for a Free, No Obligation EFT Consultation
If you want help and support from someone who has experienced the agony of significant loss, as you have; someone who can offer a gentle, safe, effective way to help you move through your grief, please contact me. I know from my own experience that, despite feeling this is a bottomless, endless well of heartbreak, we really can heal.
I offer free, no obligation, one-hour consultations to give you the opportunity to speak with me, learn more about EFT, and determine if working with me is right for you. I can be reached by phone at 503-347-4974 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org. I sincerely look forward to hearing from you soon.
P.S. Death and loss are a natural part of life that we all must face. You don’t have to do it alone. I will walk this path of grief with you. Together we will use EFT to help you acknowledge the impact of your loss and eliminate your unresolved negative emotions, so you can focus with gratitude on the love and memories you shared and ultimately move forward in your life. It is my privilege to help you in this way. Please contact me for your free consultation.